MARY MCDONALD: INTERIORS
By Mary McDonald
“A well-designed room should beckon you, make you feel welcome and wanting a little bit…more. I hope this book makes you feel that way too.”
– Mary McDonald
“Timeless and glamorous all spun together with a keen fashion sense… [Mary McDonald is] a fearless, exuberant accessorizer.”
– House Beautiful
MARY MCDONALD: INTERIORS (Rizzoli New York) is the first book on the work of the award-winning internationally published Los Angeles-based designer, and an impressive addition to Rizzoli’s design monograph roster. Consistently ranked one of House Beautiful’s “Top 100 Designers,” McDonald’s gorgeous, feminine interiors have graced the covers of the major design magazines.
Lushly photographed and written with wit and charm, the book is arranged thematically, covering the wide range of McDonald's decorating philosophy:
- SEDUCTION – feminine touches which transform rooms into inviting retreats for both work and play.
- CURATED – using beloved and collected objects to highlight the home as well as the pieces themselves.
- GLAMOUR – a je ne sais quoi that can only come from scale and placement.
- GRAND TOUR – a global approach which incorporates a state of mind, from the exotic to the bohemian.
- THEATRE – the bold use of patterns and graphics make a room memorable.
This book is a must-have for anyone who loves sophisticated, ravishing interiors.